What vision do you have for your life and your coaching practice?
To live a life full of unlimited happiness and vitality and to escort leaders into collaboration and integrity via practices that are applicable in each moment.. Our lives and careers can be fun and full of growth and organizations can thrive while being stakeholders of the universe.
What are the top three things you love about coaching?
- I love the learning and discovery that comes with coaching others. Every time I am with a client I learn something about myself. We discover and co create together. We both experience an increase in aliveness having experienced the coaching relationship together.
- Through coaching and embodying a way of being I am of service to others. This is in keeping with my value of being a contributor in the world and not a consumer. Coaching is one of the channels where I contribute and influence.
- I feel a deep satisfaction in showing clients the practices that lead them to their own aliveness, vitality and creativity. I feel excited to provide actions steps for people to be able to support themselves and have fun while enhancing their executive presence.
Before I started coaching I …
I was an executive in the financial services industry for 20 years. I enjoyed running a business and it was the development of people that really excited me. I decided to leave my corporate role and start my own practice. It’s through people and collaboration that we can achieve results and I experience this to be the missing gap in business. The practices of the Hendricks Institute fill this gap and I am happy to bring these into companies to create conscious cultures.
What makes you laugh?
I love to laugh. Even the most intense of situations can be fun and I am grateful for my belly laugh. Stephen Colbert is one of my favorites as is Saturday Night Live – both shows are avenues to laughter.
The legacy I want to leave behind is this:
My legacy is to be a change agent and maintain momentum of a movement toward collaboration and consciousness, whether it exists with individuals, organizations, cultures or situations.
Who are your top three people you would want to coach and why?
- What would thrill me is coaching leaders in government and corporations by teaching them to shift away from drama and into innovation. As I imagine our leaders stepping into an openness to learning I become excited.
- Coaching across generations feels very rewarding. I am able to bridge the gap of the generations as the Hendricks Institute practices apply everywhere and to all circumstances.
- I feel enthusiastic around coaching the wealthiest individuals in the US. These people are very influential and the idea of expanding their integrity skills feels like a fun exploration.
What were the greatest benefits you received from studying at the Hendricks Institute?
What I appreciate most is my unlimited capacity for joy, aliveness and vitality. Prior to studying at the Hendricks Institute I experienced body pain, migraines and a lack of connection. I was definitely part of the rat race and everything was hard. The most powerful shift for me is using the practices that Katie and Gay teach. These practices empower me to navigate through my day to day by making choices in the moment to choose aliveness.
The other benefit is the discovery that my body wisdom is so powerful. I realized I was not using this wisdom to inform me in the moment. Katie and Gay say, “Insight follows experience”. By listening to my body, I have released myself from drama and life is fun and easy. The cash value is efficiency in my being and the gift of time.
The movie that inspired me most was_______.Why? The Book?
Chariots Of Fire inspires me every time I watch it. It’s a story of the clash of cultures and the complexities of the world in the backdrop of human perseverance and experience.
My favorite book is A Walk In The Woods, very simply, because it’s funny and creates a belly laugh in me.
What brings you the most joy in your day to day life?
What brings me the most joy in my day-to-day life is risking everything for aliveness. By choosing aliveness, I am full of joy, laughter, and rich connection with others. By choosing aliveness I am curious and open to learning. The discoveries in the moment keep me growing, having fun and connecting with others.
What ten things could you not do without?
- Connection and Collaboration
- Nature and the outdoors
- My reusable shopping bags