E.M.Hunter: Masterful Leaders, Mighty Teams
Leadership & Communications, Coaching & Consulting
I believe in an inner revolution that creates seismic shifts in our experience of life and our capacity to impact our outer world.
I love to collaborate with dynamic change-makers in support of their own inner revolutions that in turn create massive ripples out into the world. I coach leadership effectiveness and communications, helping leaders and organizations create sustaining positive change.
I’m in love with the intersection of freedom, creativity, courage and commitment. Living in that sweet spot is my practice. Helping others do the same is my passion.
What vision do you have for your life and your coaching practice?
My vision is to create a life and coaching practice of ever-expanding creativity, connection and joy. I see my clients as empowered creators, fully expressing their unique gifts, and transforming the world around them through their embodied authenticity, responsibility and appreciation.
What are the top three things you love about coaching?
Three things I most love about coaching are:
- Presence. I am consistently blown away by the power of being present with “what is” to create conditions for massive transformation. It’s simple, it’s elegant, it’s efficient, it’s out-of-this-world powerful!
- The Big A-ha — that moment when a client has a shift in perception. When the old context they’ve been operating under becomes visible to them and they are able to design an entirely new experience for themselves, by conscious choice.
- That I get the honor and privilege of contributing to the success and aliveness of some of the most amazing, dynamic people I’ve ever known.
Before I started coaching I …
globe-trotted, as the Chief Communications Officer for the International Olympic Committee/World Anti-Doping Agency.
What makes you laugh?
- My friends: they are some of the funniest people I know.
- Improv: it’s so incredibly fun to discover what I say and do when I bypass my internal
- Silly word-play: seriously, the lamer the pun, the better.
The legacy I want to leave behind is …
- to make a massive contribution to personal and planetary transformation
- to take on big visions and bold ideas for evolutionary change
- to embody ever-expanding love, creativity and connection, so that my “being” serves
as an irresistible inspiration and catalyst for others.
Who are your top three people you would want to coach and why?
- Sheryl Sandberg. She’s got the world’s attention and is in a position to show the next generation how to live and lead. Just imagine what her impact could be if from a foundation of authenticity, responsibility and appreciation.
- Jimmy Fallon. I’m having fun imagining a whole new genre of conscious comedy. I think he could do it, and I think it could transform the world in a big way!
- Buckminster Fuller: OK, I just wish I could meet him, because he was kind of amazing. (I realize this would also require a time machine.)
What were the greatest benefits you received from studying at the Hendricks Institute?
Above all else, I learned to love myself and to be present with my experience. This has dramatically changed the course of my life. I also discovered that context is everything,
and that if I can transform the context I’m operating in, then I can create a whole new experience of my choosing.
The movie that inspired me most was__. Why? The book?
- Movies: I’ve seen lots of inspiring movies, and some of my favorites include the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I love their message of courage, collaboration, and rising to big challenges for the benefit the whole.
- Book: Conscious Heart – I so appreciate how Katie and Gay share their own personal experiences of how to use so-called difficulties in relationship as pathways for expanding in love and creativity.
What brings you the most joy in your day to day life?
- Moving, connecting, and appreciating..
- Finding new and creative ways to appreciate myself and those I interact with.
- Creating a ripple of joy and connection.
- Hiking with my four-legged soulmate Moxie.
What ten things could you not do without?
Ten things I’d prefer to not do without include:
- Connecting with nature
- Moving my body
- Playing with my posse of wildly loving friends
- Green smoothies
- Authentic relationships