Jane Warren & Bob Tomes
Passionate Me Vibrant We
Coaches & Facilitators
Jane and Bob Answer Top Questions
What vision do you have for your life and your coaching practice?
We believe that the next evolutionary leap for humanity will be made by unleashing the power of relationship in a manner that includes and moves beyond the power of the individual. We are passionate about exploring, expanding and evolving ourselves and our relationship and inspiring others do the same so that more and more of us are bringing our highest and best selves to the world. We make a difference in the world by offering all our knowledge, our genius, and our presence, compassion and wisdom to the people we have the privilege to work with. We hold a vision of interacting with thousand of clients, worldwide via books, the Internet, adventure retreats, as well as public presentations throughout the globe.
What are the top three things you love about coaching?
- The feeling of presence experienced during a coaching session. Time stands still as we explore together.
- Seeing the light of a new awareness pass across someone’s face.
- Knowing that we have played a part in raising consciousness in the world.
Before we started coaching we …
Bob was a Chartered Accountant (same as CPA in US) working as the Chief Financial Officer of both private and public companies. While this was in my zone of excellence, I longed for meaningful connection with others where I could add value to the people around me while I express and enjoy what I am passionate about. This being exploring the power of relationship.
Jane was (and still is) a divorce mediator working with couples whose intimate relationships are dissolving to assist them in navigating that process in a civilized and respectful manner. Coaching, particularly in the “moving good relationships into great relationships” arena is an opportunity to work with people at a different place on the relationship spectrum.
What makes you laugh?
Absurdities and exaggeration
Playful, quick-witted interactions
Deep belly laughter in others
The legacy I want to leave behind is …
Playing a part in the creation of a quantum shift in the core beliefs of the next generation such that personal exploration, expansion and evolution is held as a basic responsibility and expectation.
Who are your top three people you would want to coach and why?
- Prince William and Kate Middleton. These two young public figures have the opportunity to influence masses of young people and we would love to have the opportunity to explore their relationships with them.
- Malcolm Gladwell, (New Yorker staff writer and author of The Tipping Point: How Little Things Make a Big Difference; Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking; and Outliers: The Story of Success). With his ability to look at life from a different perspective than the mainstream, he would be a fascinating person to coach relative to relationships. How might he see the power of relationship from his perspective?
- Lee Hsien Loong – the Prime Minister of Singapore. Singapore is in some ways a manufactured society and culture and one that provides an experimental pool of what purposeful creation can bring forth. To have the opportunity to coach the leader of this society in the arena of relationship – well, what might be possible if our elected leaders lead the way?
What were the greatest benefits you received from studying at the Hendricks Institute?
So far ….
Taking 100% responsibility for all aspects of our own lives has been a huge and valuable learning which has opened lightness and fun in us and our relationship. The energetic experience of being with an open-minded, deeply committed learning community has also been life altering. The Couples Catalyst process has been a huge contributor to the creation of so much more freedom, space and harmony in our relationship – and an opportunity to truly initiate the process of co-creation.
The movie that inspired us most was _______. Why?
Bob: Not being a good rule follower, I have two movies and no books. The first is The American President with its message of the relative importance of relationship – trumps even being the President. The second is The Last Starfighter‘s display of making a difference in this Universe being the highest form of contribution one can make.
Jane: Being a good rule follower (at least in this instance), I have one of each! A River Runs Through It demonstrates the power of love and holding space for each other. Even when those we love the most cannot hear or accept our support we can still love and hold them in our hearts. And the most recent inspirational book I have read would be Still Alice. While this is indeed a harrowing story of a women’s decent into Alzheimer’s disease – what I found so inspirational was the very end of the book when she doesn’t know her husband or her children or her grandchildren but she still clearly sees and knows love.
What brings you the most joy in your day to day life?
Bob: All kinds of interactions with Jane bring me the most joy on a day-to-day basis. Cuddling at the beginning and end of each day brings me great joy as does our many conversations through out the day. Hearing the special ring tone I have created for Jane’s incoming calls also brings me joy as I know the next few moments of conversation and connection will be highlights of my day.
Jane: Curling up in Bob’s embrace, great conversations, our morning meditation and Catalyzing routine, coming home at the end of a day in the office, sunshine and tea
Top 10 things I couldn’t live without? (we took five each – and Bob added one for luck!)
- Connection with Jane, our children and our friends
- Learning more about and sharing my passion – relationships
- My health
- Curiosity around innovation and creativity
- My glasses
- Bob’s love (even if he is at some point not physically here)
- Connection with open, engaged people
- Opportunities to learn something new