Max Answers Top Questions
What vision do you have for your life and your coaching practice?
Designing and Living a wonder-filled Life
What are the top three things you love about coaching?
- Exploring the Impossible
- Unraveling hidden patterns
- Discovering and catalyzing latent potential
Before I started coaching I …
I THOUGHT I had it all figured out only to discover I had lots to uncover and learn about the real me.
What makes you laugh?
Life’s many paradoxes and ironies.
The legacy I want to leave behind is …
A life fully lived, appreciated and shared.
Who are your top three people you would want to coach and why?
- My son – he is so like me in many ways and resists that realization. I would like to create more ease and flow in his life.
- My daughter – she has limiting beliefs about herself that are getting in her way. I would like to see her find her next calling.
- My other selves – I believe a good coach is a good coach to themselves.
What were the greatest benefits you received from studying at the Hendricks Institute?
- Learning to see and deal with, "what is" vs. my illusions
- Learning to love myself – really loving myself
- Letting go of dysfunctional patterns
- Learning what feelings I am having in the moment and then expressing them in appropriate ways
- Learning to breathe
- Creating real connections with myself and others
- Tapping into my whole body intelligence
- Whole body creativity
- Laughter and fun
- What real intimacy is
The movie that inspired me most was _______. Why?
Star Wars – the struggle to aspire to be something greater than oneself begins with inner awareness of who one truly is.
The Alchemist – a hero’s journey of self discovery, meaning and purpose.
What brings you the most joy in your day to day life?
Walking Berry, my yellow lab. I learn so much from her in the moment curiosity and genuine affection.
Top 10 things I couldn’t live without?
- Meaningful life purpose
- Amazing vistas of all kinds
- Wholesome food
- My dog
A drippy late fall evening in Boulder, Co. was my introduction to Drs. Gay and Katie Hendricks. They were holding a special introductory workshop at Naropa University. The gym was packed with people some happily beaming and others like myself a bit offish reserved. Gay and Katie sat in front looking over the crowd, waving, smiling and SMILING. Something different was happening than the usual psycho babble BS I had come to expect when attending personal growth seminars and the like. These two had a presence and a way of being I had never witnessed before – no words yet communicating authentically in the moment. I was intrigued.
After witnessing some amazingly playful and powerfully improvised experiences with individuals that seemed to transcend time, I decided that I wanted to learn how they do what they do. I enrolled in their next Foundation training in Ann Arbor, Mi which began my apprenticeship with Gay and Katie. Since becoming a Transformational and Leadership Coach, I see and hear with my whole body, intuitive impulses arise to be followed and insights abound for my clients and myself. My life is an amazing adventure.